Poised for Success
The Poised for Success Freestyle
Come and join us for a new kind of Canine Musical Freestyle titling adventure!
- The Poised for Success Freestyle Titling Program is an incremental program where the skills performed in the first three divisions provide a foundation for creation of Canine Musical Freestyle performances as you move into the higher level divisions.
- Entries can be filmed in any sized space, even in your own home!
- Use of both physical and/or verbal cues is welcome at all levels!
- In the Poised for Success Freestyle Titling program, emphasis is always placed on Freestyle as the unique art of an individual dog and handler team
- The Laude Class has been designed in order to extend accessibility to Freestyle titles to senior dogs and dogs of limited ability
- The Poised for Success Freestyle Titling Program is desgined to be extremely beginner-friendly. If you are new to Canine Musical Freestyle and are looking for a step-by-step introduction in a venue that is always friendly and supportive, Poised for Success just might be a great fit for you and your dog!
- All submissions for titles are made through video, so you can participate from anywhere!
- International entries are welcome! There are Poised for Success Freestyle title holders from the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Spain, and Singapore!
Film Musical Freestyle Performances
The Program at a Glance
All teams begin the Poised for Success Freestyle Titling program with the introductory division, called "Overture".
In order to create submissions for this title, dog and handler teams learn and perform very basic Freestyle skills that form a foundation in the sport of Canine Musical Freestyle.
This title is designed to be achievable by dog and handler teams of all experience and skill levels.
In the second division of the Poised for Success Freestyle Titling program, dog and handler teams build upon the skills introduced in the Overture Division and begin to master more complex Canine Musical Freestyle skills and moves.
While still creating a solid foundation for later performance, in the Melody Division, teams begin to take the basic skills introduced in the Overture Division and start to chain them together as a foundation for creating Freestyle sequences for performance.
This division is designed to be more challenging than the Overture Division, while remaining a "novice" level title.
In the Harmony Division, performance of the skills necessary to create entries becomes more challenging, but teams have been prepared to perform at this level through the Overture and Harmony divisions.
In the Harmony Division, dog and handler teams complete the final steps necessary to be prepared to begin to create short Canine Musical Freestyle performances!
In the Dynamic Division, you and your dog can let your artistry and creativity shine!
Teams working in the Dynamic Division create short performances to meet criteria for different categories. These categories are designed to introduce you to different types of Canine Musical Freestyle performances.
Since these are short performances, you can make sure that you and your canine dance partner are on the right track to creating and performing full-length Freestyle performances!
In the Dynamic Division, as well as in the Master Performer and Category Specialist Divisions, you can choose to perform in the Theater Track ("Classic" Freestyle performance) or in the Silver Screen Track (Video editing is permitted and encouraged!), or both!
Master Performer Division
This is where all of the training and work that you and your dog have accomplished in all of the other divisions has been going!
In the Master Performer Division, you and your dog will perform full-length Canine Musical Freestyle performances, using the skills, moves, and behaviors that you practiced as you worked your way up to this point!
Category Specialist Division
If you would like to continue on after earning the Master Performer title, you and your canine dance partner can choose any of the performance categories from the Dynamic and Master Performer divisions, and create additional performances within those categories.
All teams who earn three different Category Specialist titles will earn the Poised for Success Freestyle Championship title!
Titling Program Information
This Guidebook contains all of the general rules and guidelines for the Poised for Success Freestyle Titling Program.
It is recommended that new participants read through this first.
Guidelines for Titles - by Division
If you are brand new to the Poised for Success Freestyle Titling Program, begin with the guide to the Overture Division
Overture, Melody, and Haromony Divisions
Or, if you are working with a senior dog, or a dog who has limited ability, you might want to consider titling through the Laude Class:
Master Performer Division
Category Specialist Titles
and Poised for Success Freestyle Champion
We offer a special titling division for dogs who can no longer perform in the Laude Class, or for dogs who are deceased, but for whom the handler has existing video.
If you would like to pay tribute to a prior dance partner, please do consider creating video submissions for the Tribute Division.
Summary of Titles Offered
through Poised for Success Freestyle
How to Register
All new dog and handler teams need a registration number before submitting the first Overture Division entry.
In order to register, please send $5.00 via PayPal to:
In addition, please send an email to the above address, and include the following information: (This may be copied and pasted to create a "registration form" in your email)
- Name of Handler (First and Last)
- Handler Mailing Address
- Call Name of Dog
- Name of Dog as you would like it to appear on title certificates
- Breed of Dog as you would like it to appear on list of title holders
How to Enter
In order to submit entry, please send an email to:
Include the following information in the body of the email: (This may be copied and pasted to create an "entry form" in your email)
- Handler Name
- Call Name of Dog
- PFS Registration Number
- Division Entered
- Leg Entered (For Overture, Melody, Harmony Divisions)
- Performance Category (For Dynamic, Master Performer, and Category Specialist Divisions)
- Track Entered (For Dynamic, Master Performer, and Category
- If entering Laude Class (Skip if not entering Laude Class)
- The link to the video, or playlist, for your entry
Entry fees are as follows:
Overture, Melody, and Harmony Divisions:
Handling Leg - $15.00
Technical Leg - $15.00
Artistry Leg - $15.00
Dynamic, Master Performer Divisions, and each Category Specialist Dvision title:
Leg #1 - $15.00
Leg #2 - $15.00
Leg #3 - $15.00
Entry for each Skills Title - $10.00
Entry for each Performance Title - $10.00
There is no additional fee for Tribute Division Combined Titles
Please send via PayPal to the above email address when you email your entry.
For More Information
Information and Training Videos:
Brag Sharing, and Fun: